Flowering Tea Tree Bonsai Care
- Fujian Tea Flowering Bonsai trees thrive in sunny, warm temperate locations. Better lighting conditions will result in more frequent flowering. Avoid intense afternoon sun shining through windows in the summer.
- Fujian Tea flowering bonsai trees should be kept indoors during the winter months. They should be maintained at winter temperatures above 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fertilize your Fujian Tea flowering bonsai tree once every two weeks. We recommend using a bonsai fertilizer.
- To water your flowering bonsai tree, soak it in a sink or container of water up to the trunk for about 5 to 10 minutes. Then allow it to drain. If top watering your flowering bonsai tree, water, wait a few minutes, and water again. Repeat this several times to insure that your flowering bonsai tree has received a thorough watering.
- Pruning – The clip-and-grow method is very successful with this species.
- Fujian Tea flowering bonsai tree should be repotted about every two years. The best times for repotting are in early spring. After repotting, water thoroughly and keep the plant in a shady location for several weeks so that new roots may grow.