Cleaning your lucky bamboo
Keeping your lucky bamboo plant clean will ensure that it will grow healthy and green. Below are step by step instructions on how to clean your lucky bamboo.
1. Remove lucky bamboo from rocks and vase.
2. Rinse the bamboo and rocks separately in a sink or bucket. (make sure to avoid rocks going down the drain if using a sink) Do not use soap to clean the container or rocks as this may cause chemicals to interact with the bamboo.
3. Scrub off any calcium build up left by hard water.
4. Once everything is clean, reassemble the bamboo arrangement and fill with bottled or filtered water. This reduces the amount of mineral and calcium build up on your plant.
5. If available, use green food fertilizer in the new water.